EP011: The Road to the Olympic Games
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Student-Tutor Podcast!
What does it REALLY take for students to do incredible things like competing in the World Olympic Games? Is it just a dream, or
is there a path they can take to get there?
Carli Ellen Lloyd (28) is an American indoor volleyball player, a member of the United States women’s national volleyball team, a participant of the 2016 Summer Olympics, bronze medalist of the 2016 Olympic Games, and a gold medalist of the 2015 Pan American Games.
She has played 6 seasons of professional volleyball in Italy and Azerbaijan. She played college women’s volleyball at the University of California, Berkeley and was the National player of the year her senior year in 2011.
This week, Carli Ellen Lloyd shares what it took to earn a spot on the USA national volleyball team, and how students can use her strategies for success in all aspects of their day-to-day life!
3 Key Points:
1. Focus on the little goals and tasks that make up your big goal.
It can be daunting to think about what you need to do on a major scale… instead, commit to doing all that you can do TODAY!
2. Take control, and be willing to put in the hard work!
When you’re defeated, focus on what you CAN control!
3. Understand your WHY, and SHARE IT!
Connecting to your core will help you push through the hardest times. By sharing, your friends can help hold you accountable.
Let’s Spark Bright Futures!
The Student Tutor Podcast
Copyright © 2017 by Student Tutor
Produced by: Todd VanDuzer & Cody Mack
Recording by: Todd VanDuzer
Music & Editing: Cody Mack
Sponsorship & Interview Requests: [email protected]
Latest posts by 1124am (see all)
- EP027: Special Parent’s Edition V2 Ft. Matthew Einsohn - June 17, 2018
- EP026 3/4: Join The Student-Tutor Mastermind for FREE! - May 20, 2018
- EP026: Becoming The Boss Ft. Vice Principal, Chamille Schuck - May 13, 2018
- EP025: Saving Lives From A Helicopter Ft. Flight Nurse Aaron Donze - April 29, 2018
- EP024: Internships and International Studies Ft. Shirah Foy - April 22, 2018