EP003: Living and Learning Fearlessly
Hello everyone, and welcome to the Student-Tutor Podcast!
Have you ever been faced with a decision that has left you SO uncertain, that you end up taking NO action? Has pressure from family or friends ever sabotaged the momentum towards your dreams?
This week we are joined by Hanna Leinonen, a Student Tutor Mastermind program mentor.
In this episode, Hanna describes how she was able to overcome fear and break free from the uncertainty that may have otherwise stopped her from becoming one Australia’s top chefs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:[0:15] – Intro [0:45] – Episode Previews [1:30] – Todd intro [2:30] – Metting Hannah in a random Australian Hostel [4:00] – Hannah’s accomplishments and introduction [5:30] – The origin of Hannah’s passion for cooking [7:45] – The effect of mentors on Hannah’s career [10:15] – Scuba stories from Hannah [14:00] – Courage, Determination, and Drive… by 25 [16:15] – Short musical break [16:45] – Eagerness to learn and follow your curiosities, regardless of circumstances. [18:15] – Steve Job’s “redundant” calligraphy class and relating to your “WHY?” [19:30] – Hannah’s thoughts on preparing students for the digital age, social media, and the Finnish education system [21:00] – The #1 thing Hannah wishes she had learned in High School [21:30] – Questions from the Student-Tutor Mastermind students [28:00] – Todd wraps up the episode and shares his 5 main takeaways [30:00] – Outro
3 Key Points:
1. Be willing to learn from anyone and be willing to ask for help. If you’re willing to listen, people will be willing to help.
Look for the benefits of everything you’re learning, even if it seems trivial. You never know when it might come in handy.
2. Fear is a waste of time.
Sure, bad things can happen. However, you don’t have to let the fear of danger stop you from living life to the fullest!
3. School and formal education only teach you so much… nothing compares to on the job experience.
If you have the opportunity to gain experience or work with a mentor in the field you’re interested in, DO IT!
Let’s Spark Bright Futures!
The Student Tutor Podcast
Copyright © 2017 by Student Tutor
Produced by: Todd VanDuzer & Cody Mack
Recording by: Todd VanDuzer
Music & Editing: Cody Mack
Sponsorship & Interview Requests: [email protected]
Latest posts by Todd VanDuzer (see all)
- How To Get Your Teenager More Motivated - September 25, 2017
- How Your High School Student Can Make $110,000 Per Year - September 15, 2017
- EP003: Living and Learning Fearlessly - September 3, 2017
- EP002: Activating Teenage Super Powers - August 27, 2017
- 10 Areas Of Life You Need To Focus On - July 19, 2017