EP030: How to Get in to Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley or Yale Ft. Marcella De Laurentiis
Episode 030: How to Get in to Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley or Yale Ft. Marcella De Laurentiis
Featuring: Marcella De Laurentiis, College Admissions Specialist
Marcella started her career working in the admissions office at the University of Chicago, her alma mater. Later, she joined UC Berkeley’s Management, Entrepreneurship, and Technology program— an elite program that only accepts 2% of applicants. Now, she sits on the opposite side of the table, helping talented students realize their college dreams. She founded HelpWithApps.com to help students maximize their chances for admission to the nation’s top universities. Despite top universities’ single digit acceptance rates, four out of every five of her students are accepted to schools like Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley and Yale.
- [0:53] – Episode Previews!
- [1:47] – Todd Intro / Episode Start!
- [2:29] – Meet This Week’s Guest… Marcella De Laurentiis!
- [4:05] – How Marcella Got Started!
- [6:55] – Marcella’s Secret Recipe for Top College Admissions!
- [11:44] – How an Early Decision Application Can Change Your Life!
- [14:26] – Safely Navigating Cost Concerns Surrounding Ivy League Colleges!
- [23:45] – A Special Message From the Mastermind Community!
- [25:40] – Specific Strategies for 9th and 10th-Grade Students!
- [29:06] – Key Points / Recap From Todd!
- [30:50] – Questions From the Student-Tutor Mastermind Members!
- [35:10] – How You Can Connect With Marcella!
- [36:05] – Wrap-up / next week’s preview.
- [36:36] – Episode End.
Mentor’s Key Points:
College is Expensive!
This is why it’s SO important to consider your goals!
Stack your extra-curricular activities to stand out!
Find something that really sparks a drive within you, then use the momentum to develop a SPIKE to help your college essay stand out!
Your Major MATTERS!
Understand which majors are the “bread and butter” of the university, then use this to strategically focus your target major to increase your admission odds.
Connect With This Week’s Mentor!
Are you interested in learning more and joining our community of proactive teens and parents for FREE?
Step 1: Join our FREE college prep, scholarship, and career guidance Facebook group!
Step 2: Register for our next FREE webinar to learn how to save thousands + set your teenager up career, college, and scholarship success!
The Mentors 4 Teens: College, Scholarship, and Career Guidance Podcast
Copyright © 2018 by Student Tutor
Produced by: Todd VanDuzer & Cody Mack
Recording by: Todd VanDuzer
Music & Editing: Cody Mack
Sponsorship & Interview Requests: [email protected]
Latest posts by 1124am (see all)
- EP030: How to Get in to Stanford, Harvard, Berkeley or Yale Ft. Marcella De Laurentiis - August 5, 2018
- EP029: How to Become a Software Developer ft. Sean Coleman - July 15, 2018
- EP028: How to Become an Engineer ft. Drew and Angela Munson - June 24, 2018
- EP027: Private Scholarships Ft. Matthew Einsohn - June 17, 2018
- EP026 3/4: Join The Student-Tutor Mastermind for FREE! - May 20, 2018